November 21, 2013 Boca Raton, FL
Behavioral health professionals in the South Florida community and beyond came together on November 21, 2013, to discuss business trends affecting their organizations. The event, produced by Behavioral Healthcare, featured four panelists:
- Sandra P. Greenblatt, MBA/HA, JD, partner and board-certified health law attorney at Lubell Rosen, LLC
- Allison Kreiger Walsh, JD, director of business development at The Recovery Village
- William McCormick, MBA, chief executive officer at Medivance Billing Service, Inc.
- Lucy J. Weiss, MA, CHRM, chief operating officer at Recovery Associates
The event was moderated by Behavioral Healthcare publisher Doug Edwards. Each panelist shared unique insight on the challenges and opportunities facing mental health and substance use treatment organizations of all sizes. Click below to listen to podcasts.
- McCormick believes the Affordable Care Act creates significant opportunities for behavioral healthcare providers, particularly those who have relationships with primary care physicians.
- Greenblatt urged attendees to negotiate contracts with electronic health record and other software companies.
- Kreiger Walsh emphasized the value of having an outside resource assist with Internet-based marketing strategies.
- Greenblatt reminded attendees that there are several legal issues to consider when marketing a behavioral health organization.
- Weiss discussed engaging all staff in an organization’s mission, a concept Kreiger Walsh supports.
The event was made possible through the support of Medivance Billing Service, Inc., Active Internet Marketing, and Global Analytical Development, LLC.
Series Thought Leadership Partner