New York — April is Autism Awareness Month. As part of its commitment to the autism community, educational technology company Rethink Autism is helping to educate parents through a new video series on their home page, "Every Day Counts, Everyone Can Help."
Developed by Rethink Autism's clinical team and hosted by Rethink Autism's Director of Research and Training, Dr. Hannah Hoch, the series provides an overview of autism, video examples of early warning signs, and research-based teaching strategies that they can start using immediately.
For parents and educators, Rethink Autism is also extending their one-week free trial to last for the entire month of April. After filling out a brief assessment, parents can gain access to individualized video-based exercises, printable lesson plans, and a complete series of ABA training videos.
With autism estimates in the U.S. reaching 1 in 110 according to the Centers for Disease Control, there has never been a more critical time for parents and educators to be able to recognize the early signs of autism. For children who go undiagnosed and untreated, daily activities such as school, play, and family life can become increasingly difficult.
Studies show that children who receive early, intensive treatment based on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) can make substantial gains in language, IQ, academic performance and social behavior.
"So many times parents and educators search online for information about autism diagnosis, but unless you're a trained clinician, it's difficult to understand how these symptoms present in children," said Jamie Pagliaro, EVP of Rethink Autism, and Founding Executive Director of the New York Center for Autism Charter School.
"This dynamic video series shows exactly what to look for, and offers practical strategies for everyone—family members, teachers, and caregivers—to get involved in the treatment process."
Click "play" below to view the first part of the video, "What is Autism" on YouTube.
To see the rest of "Every Day Counts, Everyone Can Help" visit
- Curemark completes enrollment of Phase III autism trials
- EEGs used to diagnose autism in infants
- Dan Marino, Samsung launch "Team Up for Autism"
- DRG partners with autism treatment center
- Study linking autism to MMR vaccine a fraud?
- Early intervention shown to improve autism symptoms
- Medicaid expenditures for autism on rapid rise
- Brain Balance Centers provides change for children with autism
- Danya to unveil online resource for autism research products
- Class action filed over refusal to pay for autism ABA therapy
- Charity golf event to support Autism Research Collaboration
- Contribution supports Central Ohio school focused on autism
- Military families file lawsuit against DoD for refusing to pay for autism treatment