Nashville, Tenn. – Qualifacts Systems, Inc., a provider of EHR and billing systems for behavioral health and human services providers, has announced that Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, Grand Rapids, Mich., has selected its CareLogic Enterprise electronic health record (EHR) as the best solution to meet its needs.
Qualifacts’ Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) EHR will allow Pine Rest improved care coordination and operational efficiency across its diverse program mix and 18 site locations that serve over 250,000 patient encounters per year. Pine Rest carried out a deliberate search for just the right fit with their organization and mission.
“Our dispersed locations and full spectrum of behavioral health services complicate our situation, and we considered both client-server and SaaS solutions. We have been using a largely paper-based system, and we’ve been able to do great work, but we want to do outstanding work, more efficiently,” says Bill Johnson, director of Information Services for Pine Rest. “Ultimately, we felt that true innovation would happen in the SaaS environment," added Johnson, "and we wanted to be onthe leading edge. To that end, we feel like we have partnered with the right organization."
Pine Rest offers a full continuum of services including addiction treatment and recovery, extensive child and adolescent programs, senior care services, and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT). In addition to the main campus in Grand Rapids, Pine Rest also has 16 outpatient locations throughout West Michigan and two in Iowa. Johnson added: “Throughout this process, we were always asking, ‘How will this decision benefit patients, providers, staff and our organization as a whole to help us meet our mission?’ We were interested in not only selecting an EHR vendor, but a strategic long-term business partner that understood our organization’s diverse needs and demonstrated tremendous flexibility to change as we change,” Johnson continues. “Qualifacts is a true partner in our ongoing success.” According to Gregg Boyle, chief technology officer for Qualifacts, a recent study estimated that lack of care coordination accounted for between $25 billion and $50 billion in preventable health care costs.
“We’re excited to use our SaaS solution to help a complex organization like Pine Rest find a way to make a coordinated, patient-centered, comprehensive model of care work both financially and practically,” said Boyle.
- DCCCA selects Qualifacts behavioral health EHR
- Qualifacts EHR receives ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 certification
- Qualifacts' CareLogic is the first behavioral health EHR qualified by the Connecticut REC
- Qualifacts expands clientele, meets preliminary certification requirements
- Barber National Institute is Qualifacts' eighth Pennsylvania customer
- Qualifacts adds second Indiana customer with Swanson
- Oregon nonprofit chooses Qualifacts
- Qualifacts reports record sales, new client implementations
- Qualifacts Systems opens west coast office
- Intercommunity Mental Health Group adopts Qualifacts' ECR software
- Qualifacts announces new Go-Live alert service