The National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP) has announced the results of the 2011 NAATP Board of Directors and Officers election. All officers to the board are elected or appointed by the Board of Directors at the annual meeting. The following officers were elected May 19, 2011, at the annual meeting in Chandler, Ariz., and will serve a two-year term.
- Chairperson: Kermit Dahlen, President/CEO, Jackson Recovery Centers, Inc., Sioux City, Iowa
- Vice Chair: Ken Gregoire, President/CEO, Valley Hope Association, Norton, Kan.
- Secretary: Carl Kester, President/CEO, Lakeside Recovery Centers, Inc., Kirkland, Wash.
- Treasurer: Bill Hartigan, President/CEO, Liberty Management Group, Ramsey, NJ
- Immediate Past Chair: Cathy Palm, Exectutive Director, Tully Hill Corp., Tully, N.Y.
- Membership Chair: Dwayne Beason, President/CEO, St. Christopher's Addiction Wellness Center, Baton Rouge, La.
- Public Policy Chair: Scott Munson, Executive Director, Sundown M Ranch, Selah, Wash.
- Conference Chair: John Driscoll, Executive Director, Hazelden Center, Center City, Minn.
Board members are elected by a vote of the members. Ballots were e-mailed March 18 to all NAATP members and were due back by April 26. These individuals will make up the class of 2014 as their term of office will be completed with the annual conference in 2014. This year the following individuals have been elected to a three-year term as members of the Board Class of 2014.
- Dwayne Beason, President/CEO, St. Christopher's Addiction Wellness Center, Baton Rouge, La.
- Kermit Dahlen, President/CEO, Jackson Recovery Centers, Inc., Sioux City, Iowa
- Edward Diehl, President, Seabrook House, Seabrook, N.J.
- Gary Fisher, COO, Cirque Lodge, Sundance, Utah
- William Hartigan, President/CEO, Liberty Management Group, Ramsey, N.J.
- Cathy Palm, Executive Director, Tully Hill Corp., Tully, N.Y.
- Debbie Sanford, CEO, Pine Grove Behavioral Health & Addiction Services, Hattiesburg, Miss.
- Barbara Woods, CEO, Casa Palmera, Del Mar, Calif.
- Andrew Eckert, CEO, CRC Health Group, Inc., Cupertino, Calif.
Board members receive no compensation or reimbursement for their participation in the work of the association. They attend several board meetings a year and participate in another two to three conference calls per year. Many board members participate in committees of the association or work on task forces that have particular assignments.
NAATP congratulates its newly elected class of 2014 board members and extends a special thank you to its outgoing officers, Cathy Palm and Jim Dougherty, and outgoing board members, Ken Ramsey, Linda Bell ad Barry Karlin.
- NAATP closes a costly chapter, looks ahead
- Partnerships, membership growth among the items on new NAATP CEO’s agenda
- Karen Carpenter-Palumbo named President and CEO of NAATP
- NAATP board recounts Hunsicker investigation
- NAATP board chair Cathy Palm looks forward to healthcare reform