New York — Defran Systems, a provider of clinical and financial management (EMR/EHR) software for the Human and Social Services Industries, has announced that some of its clients are now eligible to receive highly coveted Meaningful Use funds.
Defran’s integrated electronic health system is certified as a Complete Ambulatory EHR under the Office of the National Coordinator’s (ONC) certification program. Implementing a certified EHR is the first step in achieving Meaningful Use, which is the set of criteria that medical providers must demonstrate in order to prove that they are using their EHR as an effective tool at their organization.
Non-profit organizations that use Defran’s system, show Meaningful Use and employ non-hospital based physicians in clinics or Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) can earn more than $60,000 per eligible professional. Many of these organizations are unaware they can take advantage of this financial windfall.
“Our ability to pursue federal funds is valuable in offsetting the cost of EHR adoption,” said Dave Cusack, CFO, Bienvenidos. “We originally chose Defran’s software because of its long-run ROI but we are even more pleased that our selection of Defran enhances our ability to obtain Meaningful Use funds.”
Integrated electronic health systems help customers achieve more than just Meaningful Use by connecting the clinical and financial management needs of human services organizations.
“There are many additional benefits that come with a certified system that often get overlooked by the focus and attention on EHR and Meaningful Use,” said Dr. Peter Zucker, CEO, Stars Behavioral Health Group, “Agencies with certified systems should take advantage of these additional benefits, specifically the integrated clinical and financial functionality that comes with certified systems such as Defran.”
Defran’s enterprise-wide software encompasses the whole agency’s operations and transcends the functionality offered by traditional EHRs.
- Defran's Evolv-CS achieves ONC-ATCB certification
- National Youth Advocate Program selects Defran Systems' Evolv-CS case management solution
- Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. selects Defran’s EHR
- Stars Behavioral Health Group joins Defran Systems as a value added reseller
- Northeast Parent & Child Society selects Defran Systems' Evolv-CS Enterprise Edition
- Defran Systems welcomes Ryther Child Center to its EHR client family
- Defran Systems launches a Value Added Reseller program for Evolv-CS
- Beacon Light Behavioral Health Systems chooses Defran Systems' Evolv-CS