New York City — Defran Systems, a provider of clinical and financial management (EMR/EHR) software for the Human and Social Services Industries, has released a mobile solution for web-enabled devices such as smartphones and iPads. The new solution provides portable functionality that enables remote and on-the-go staff to access and update client information at the point of service as well as enter services in real time.
The mobile solution is fully integrated with Defran’s enterprise software and supports all of the leading mobile devices, including iPhones and iPads, as well as Android and Windows compatible phones and tablets. As a standard component of Defran’s existing software, the mobile solution does not require additional spending or upgrades.
“Access to mobile functionality is critical to our agency’s success,” said Kevin Andrews, director of information technology, Anka Behavioral Health. “The ability to enter and edit client information at the point of service will improve the decision-making capabilities of our staff, the quality of our data, and our overall coordination of care. This enables us to operate at a higher level of efficiency which ultimately improves agency operations. ”
Defran’s mobile solution will also enable agency staff to:
- Display a list of their scheduled tasks and mark them as complete in real time.
- Access clients assigned to them, including demographic information, photo identification, and address, which can be used to launch map functionality.
- View recent and unread alerts.
“Mobile technology is playing an increasingly important role in healthcare,” said Art Khanlian, chief information officer, Defran Systems. “Our new mobile technology is designed specifically to address the unique needs of our Human and Social Services customers and we are confident the technology will significantly improve overall agency efficiency.”
Defran also plans to release additional mobile functionality in 2011, including e-prescriptions, e-signatures and complete intake and referral functionality.
- Defran says clients may qualify for Meaningful Use funds
- Defran's Evolv-CS achieves ONC-ATCB certification
- National Youth Advocate Program selects Defran Systems' Evolv-CS case management solution