Pittsburgh, Pa. — Askesis Development Group, Inc. has announced that PsychConsult Provider 7.0.1, is 2011/2012 compliant and was certified as an EHR Module on April 5, 2011 by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT), an ONC-ATCB, in accordance with the applicable Eligible Provider and Eligible Hospital certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. The 2011/2012 criteria support the Stage 1 meaningful use measures required to qualify eligible providers and hospitals for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
Sharon Hicks, President and CEO of Askesis said, "This certification represents an ongoing commitment of Askesis to the behavioral healthcare industry. We are excited to help our customers take advantage of the incentive funding to which they are entitled and look forward to the full inclusion of community behavioral health providers in the incentive program." Bob Teitt, Senior Director of Business Development at Askesis said, "PsychConsult Provider offers behavioral health providers a robust software solution that is the first step in the process to meet Meaningful Use."
The ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 certification program tests and certifies that Complete EHRs meet all of the 2011/2012 criteria and EHR Modules meet one or more—but not all—of the criteria approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) for either eligible provider or hospital technology.
“CCHIT is pleased to be testing and certifying products so that companies are now able to offer these products to providers who wish to purchase and implement certified EHR technology and achieve meaningful use in time for the 2011-2012 incentives,” said Karen M. Bell, MD, MSS, Chair, CCHIT. PsychConsult Provider version 7.0.1’s certification numbers are CC-1112-106140-1 and CC-1112-106140-2. ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 certification conferred by CCHIT does not represent an endorsement of the certified EHR technology by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services nor does it guarantee the receipt of incentive payments.
PsychConsult Provider version 7.0.1 meets the following certification criteria:
- 170.304(f)Electronic copy of health information
- 170.304(h)Clinical Summaries
- 170.304(i)Exchange Clinical Information and Patient Summary Record
- 170.306(d)(1)Electronic copy of health information (Hospital)
- 170.306(f)Exchange clinical information and patient summary record (Hospital)
- 170.306(g)Reportable lab results (Hospital)
- 170.302(a)Drug/Drug and Drug/Allergy Interactions
- 170.302(b)Drug formulary checks
- 170.302(c)Maintain up-to-date problem list
- 170.302(d)Maintain active medication list
- 170.302(e)Maintain active medication allergy list
- 170.302(f)(1)Vital signs
- 170.302(f)(2)Body mass index,
- 170.302(f)(3)Plot and display growth charts
- 170.302(g)Smoking status
- 170.302(h)Incorporate lab results
- 170.302(j)Medication reconciliation
- 170.302(m)Patient specific education resources
- 170.304(a)Computerized provider order entry
- 170.304(c)Record Demographics
- 170.304(e)Clinical decision support
- 170.306(a)Computerized provider order entry (Hospital)
- 170.306(b)Record demographics (Hospital)
- 170.306(c)Clinical decision support (Hospital)
- 170.306(d)(2)Electronic copy of health information (Hospital)
- 170.306(h)Advanced directives (Hospital)
- 170.302(o)Access control
- 170.302(p)Emergency access
- 170.302(q)Automatic log-off
- 170.302(r)Audit log 170.302(s)Integrity
- 170.302(u)General encryption
- 170.302(v)Encryption when exchanging electronic health information
The additional software PsychConsult Provider relied upon to demonstrate compliance includes Allscripts ePrescribe 184.108.40.206.
For more information, visit