The National Council yesterday honored ten organizations and individuals for excellence in innovation, management, health information technology, public service, and visionary leadership with its 2012 Awards of Excellence. At the same time, Lilly announced 16 recipients of its Reintegration Awards, which recognize not only individuals and organizations whose efforts improve the lives of those facing serious mental illness, but also individuals with serious mental illnesses who make significant contributions to the lives of their communities and peers.
Winners in all categories receive a grant in the amount of $10,000 to be donated to the organizations of their choice and will be honored at an April 16 gathering during the National Council's 42nd Annual Conference and Expo in Chicago, April 15-17, 2012.
The editorial staff of Behavioral Healthcare and Addiction Professional magazines can only add their voices to those of behavioral health organizations, providers, and peers nationwide to congratulate these individuals and organizations for their accomplishments. We hope that all in the field will learn more about the efforts of all these honorees and invest the ideas and lessons they learn into outstanding current and future programs of their own. Hats off to the National Council, Lilly, and all of the award sponsors for their effort and investment to promote and recognize excellence.
NATIONAL COUNCIL AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
Winners of the 2012 Awards of Excellence in each category receive a grant in the amount of $10,000 to be donated to the organization of the recipient’s choice
- Winner: Central Arizona Programmatic Suicide Deterrent System, Magellan Health Services of Arizona, Phoenix, AZ
- Program of Significance: Community Psychiatry Clinic, Seattle, WA
- Winner: Children’s Crisis Treatment Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Program of Significance: Community Partnership of Southern Arizona, AZ
- Winner: Midwestern Colorado Mental Health Center, Montrose, CO
- Person of Significance: David Lawrence Center, Naples, FL
· Winner: Susan Salasin, SAMHSA Center for Mental Health Services, Rockville, MD