Behavioral health leaders are cordially invited to attend the inaugural Behavioral Healthcare Leadership Summit, which is co-located with the National Conference on Addiction Disorders (NCAD '12) at the Gaylord Palms Hotel in Orlando, Florida, Sept. 28-Oct. 2, 2012.
The Summit, which will feature an outstanding slate of nationally-known speakers, has been developed specifically for the executive, operational, and strategic leadership of addiction treatment centers, behavioral health organizations, and community mental health centers. The Summit is a natural complement to NCAD, the nation's largest conference dedicated to the medical, clinical, and counseling professionals who provide prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery management services. And, in 2012, participants can attend both NCAD '12 and the inaugural Summit for the same price.
Summit speakers include:
- Deni Carise, PhD, Chief Clinical Officer, Phoenix House Foundation, who will discuss the challenges of adopting the latest clinical and counseling approaches while remaining true to an organization's reputation and brand.
- Ron Manderscheid, Executive Director, NACBHDD; adjunct professor, Johns Hopkins University; and national mental-health and addictions policy expert who will address the fast-changing landscape of ongoing federal and state health reforms.
- David Mineta, Deputy Director of Demand Reduction for the President's Office of National Drug Control Policy, who will speak on the latest developments in national policy.
- Tony Rothschild, CEO of Common Ground Sanctuary and an expert on transforming and energizing the governance role of non-profit boards.
- Hughes Johnson, Director of Performance Improvement for Youth Villages, who will share leading-edge methods to structure and disseminate management information in support of organizational performance improvement.
- Matt Feehery, CEO of Memorial Hermann's Prevention and Recovery Center (PaRC), who will address the ethical challenges involved in measuring customer service and maintaining patient satisfaction throughout the treatment process.
Also on hand throughout the Summit and NCAD '12 conference programs, and in our Technology Pavilion will be are a range of leading information technology experts. These experts will be available throughout the conference to present on a range of current topics, answer questions, and demonstrate the latest products and services for mental health and addiction treatment providers.
The Summit/NCAD agenda will also feature the presentation of the annual Behavioral Healthcare Champion Awards and the annual Addiction Professional Outstanding Clinician Awards.