“Tough times require smart investments!” proclaims the preliminary program for the National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare’s 39th conference. While travel budgets are among the first to be cut in an economic downturn, the National Council is positioning the conference, to be held April 6-8 in San Antonio, as “a strategic investment in the future,” and it is offering several new features to entice attendees:
• CEO University, with tips from seasoned executives
• A debate on prescribing psychotropic medications for children
• One-on-one and small group training on preparing for media interviews
• A town hall session on technology, including electronic medical records, e-prescribing, and telemedicine
• A social media (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) idea lab
The conference is not all serious business. Attendees will compete in a Wii Bowling tournament and learn the secrets of Southwest cooking from a local chef. Tour packages of San Antonio for conference attendees also are available.
For more information about the conference, visit www.thenationalcouncil.org/conference.
Behavioral Healthcare will be at booth 504 in the exhibit hall.
Get the latest information on Business Strategy and other valuable topics at this three-day retreat bringing together treatment center owners and executives and key members of the financial community for prime networking opportunities and in-depth discussions for those looking to grow, invest and transform their business.