February 27, 2014 Costa Mesa, Calif.
Behavioral health professionals in the Southern California treatment community and beyond came together on February 27, 2014, to discuss business trends affecting their organizations. The event, produced by Behavioral Healthcare, featured four panelists:
- Rebecca Cooper, Founder of Rebecca's House Eating Disorder Treatment Programs
- Paul Del Vacchio, Vice President of Strategic Development at Above It All Treatment Center
- Bill McCormick, CEO of Medivance Billing Service
- Robert Pfeifer, Founder and a Managing Partner of Sober College
The event was moderated by Behavioral Healthcare publisher Doug Edwards. Each panelist shared unique insight on the challenges and opportunities facing mental health, eating disorder, and substance use treatment organizations of all sizes. Click below to listen to podcasts.
- Pfeifer reminded attendees that new revenue opportunities need to be evaluated based on what is best for clients.
- Del Vacchio emphasized the importance of finding a strong search engine optimization partner when evaluating internet marketing efforts.
- McCormick noted that the entire field suffers when rogue providers engage in questionable activities such as excessive drug testing, which result in insurance companies’ scrutiny.
- Cooper stressed that many people with eating disorders suffer needlessly because of treatment misconceptions from payers and providers alike.
In recognition of national Eating Disorders Awareness Month, attendees received a complimentary copy of Shattered Image: My Triumph Over Body Dysmorphic Disorder, courtesy of Medivance. Author Brian Cuban signed books onsite.
Series Thought Leadership Partner