San Diego — Netsmart Technologies, Inc., a provider of software and services for health and human services organizations, announced the launch of the Netsmart Application Exchange for Netsmart customers at the National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare's 41st National Mental Health and Addictions Conference in San Diego.
Through Netsmart's Application Exchange, users of Netsmart's Avatar, CMHC/MIS and Insight enterprise software solutions will be able to contribute applications, reports, scripts, hints, tips and "how to" documents that are relevant to the user community. Examples of items that could be shared include:
- A report that addresses specific state or local requirements that would be useful to another provider organization in the provider's geographical area
- Scripts to calculate a client's standard discount rate based on other data that has been entered about the client
- Call a Web service that passes client demographic information to a waiting room kiosk application
Application Exchange members will have free access to download these contributions and use them in their own respective organizations. They can also rank the contributions via a 5-star rating system that will make searches more productive, and post questions about the contributions in a blog format so other members can offer support, comments and feedback.
In addition, with the general release of Netsmart's My Avatar role-based solution, users will be able to export widgets, which display information in custom "windows" that can be user-configured into a user's home view. Some examples of widgets include those that can:
- Display a client's Managed Care Authorization
- Track key compliance indicators at the staff or client level to ensure compliance and maintain funding
- Trend the number of clients that meet Meaningful Use
- Describe patient population diagnosis trends, service code trends or problem trends
"It's this kind of service that makes being part of the Netsmart family so valuable," said Suzanne Windham, senior systems analyst, Life Management Center, in Panama City, Fla. "The new exchange will save my organization time and money because I'll be able to search and find an application instead of developing it myself. The content will also be valuable because it has been created in a collaborative environment where the author can receive feedback and continually improve it."
The Netsmart Application Exchange is available free of charge exclusively to members of Netsmart Community, Netsmart's online business networking site. Currently with more than 2,200 members, Netsmart Community is available free of charge to all active Netsmart customers for collaboration, networking and information exchange.
"The Application Exchange exemplifies the value of being a Netsmart customer and the interactive, collaborative customer community that shares expertise with each other on a daily basis," said Kevin Scalia, executive vice president, Corporate Development, Netsmart Technologies. "This forum will help our customers work more efficiently, freeing up valuable time for providing more quality direct care to their consumers."
- Netsmart's Insight passes ARRA certification
- Netsmart offers meaningful use readiness assessment service
- NACo names Netsmart its "Premier Partner" of the year
- Netsmart's CMHC/MIS EHR software ARRA certified
- Black named to Netsmart board
- Netsmart attains complete ARRA-certified electronic health record
- Netsmart software supports mental health-primary care integration at Shawnee
- Five Florida organizations select Netsmart as their software provider
- Netsmart’s Insight software selected by three public health departments
- Netsmart Technologies' EHR is first to pass ARRA certification tests
- Netsmart Technologies' e-prescribing service receives additional Surescripts certifications