Centerstone Research Institute (CRI) has released a downloadable guide to help providers walk through the process of integrating mobile technology into behavioral healthcare.
With more than 1.3 million Android apps and 1.2 million Apple apps for health, it can be tricky to differentiate all the choices. CRI’s “appImpact” guide, created in collaboration with the D.N. Batten Foundation, serves as a roadmap for organizations integrating mobile technologies into care models.
For example, the guide provides these seven questions to evaluate an app:
- HIPAA Compliance: Is the information in the app protected or is it easily shared with others?
- Therapeutic Effectiveness: Does the app provide the desired clinical outcomes?
- User Experience: What did the participant like or dislike about using the app?
- Accessibility: Can the participant easily connect with the app when needed?
- Format: Is the font the correct size? Do the graphics add to the content?
- Functionality: Does the app correctly complete the task that it was programmed to do?
- Adherence: Does the participant use the app regularly?