Round Rock, Tex. — Bluebonnet Trails Community Services is partnering with Pick With Austin, Inc., a nonprofit organization that promotes awareness about youth depression and suicide, to increase suicide prevention efforts targeted at youth in Central Texas.
The goal of this new partnership is to identify those who will benefit from services provided by Pick With Austin and positively impact families, teens and youth in crisis. Music is an important part of most young peoples’ lives so the partnership will harness the beauty and therapeutic properties of music to educate and reach out to at-risk children and teens.
To this end, Pick With Austin, Inc. will deliver the message and distribute musical instruments to children and teens who are disadvantaged, who live in lower socioeconomic areas or have significant health problems and impairments.
The new partnership is an innovative and aggressive step toward further promoting awareness of the dangers of depression and suicide in our youth.
Together, the organizations focus efforts toward educating people about the signs and symptoms, prevention, maintenance and treatment. Comprehensive solutions and assistance are available in Texas through programs such as those offered by Pick With Austin, Inc. and Bluebonnet Trails Community Services.
For more information, contact Pick With Austin, Inc. by calling (512) 826-5380.
- Are the military's suicide prevention efforts enough?
- CARF supports public-private collaboration to prevent suicides
- U.S. accelerates suicide prevention with National Action Alliance Leadership
- Joint DoD Task Force releases military suicide prevention report
- Well Aware offers free webinars on youth suicide prevention
- Culture matters in suicidal behavior patterns and prevention
- Psychiatric facility manager patents new suicide prevention product
- Justice Department obtains reforms in suicide prevention practices