Last month, Behavioral Healthcare explored the benefits and challenges of implementing an e-prescribing system in E-prescribing: Coming your way soon. Our online poll found that readers were divided over which aspect of e-prescribing has proven to be most challenging:
What has been your organization’s greatest challenge in implementing an e-prescribing system?
- Choosing the software 36.67%
- Affordability 23.33%
- Training the physicians to use the system 20%
- We don’t use e-prescribing 20%
Noteworthy comments from readers included:
- “After two years of using one product, we're changing to another because this one doesn't conform to NYS [regulations].”
- “We have no choice but to use the e-prescribing platform that is integrated with our current EHR.”
- “We would like to implement e-prescribing but identifying a practical and affordable system has been difficult.”
Our latest poll, found on the left-hand side of our Web site, is:
What programs or incentives does your organization offer to prevent staff burnout?
- More than two weeks of vacation time
- Wellness and stress management programs
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- We do not address burnout at my organization
Share your strategies for combating staff burnout in the comments box. For more information about addressing burnout from a management perspective, read Is there a way around burnout? in our July/August issue.