The National Council yesterday honored ten organizations and individuals for excellence in innovation, management, health information technology, public service, and visionary leadership with its 2012 Awards of Excellence. At the same time, Lilly announced 16 recipients of its Reintegration Awards, which recognize not only individuals and organizations whose efforts improve the lives of those facing serious mental illness, but also individuals with serious mental illnesses who make significant contributions to the lives of their communities and peers.
Winners in all categories receive a grant in the amount of $10,000 to be donated to the organizations of their choice and will be honored at an April 16 gathering during the National Council's 42nd Annual Conference and Expo in Chicago, April 15-17, 2012.
The editorial staff of Behavioral Healthcare and Addiction Professional magazines can only add their voices to those of behavioral health organizations, providers, and peers nationwide to congratulate these individuals and organizations for their accomplishments. We hope that all in the field will learn more about the efforts of all these honorees and invest the ideas and lessons they learn into outstanding current and future programs of their own. Hats off to the National Council, Lilly, and all of the award sponsors for their effort and investment to promote and recognize excellence.
NATIONAL COUNCIL AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
Winners of the 2012 Awards of Excellence in each category receive a grant in the amount of $10,000 to be donated to the organization of the recipient’s choice
- Winner: Central Arizona Programmatic Suicide Deterrent System, Magellan Health Services of Arizona, Phoenix, AZ
- Program of Significance: Community Psychiatry Clinic, Seattle, WA
- Winner: Children’s Crisis Treatment Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Program of Significance: Community Partnership of Southern Arizona, AZ
- Winner: Midwestern Colorado Mental Health Center, Montrose, CO
- Person of Significance: David Lawrence Center, Naples, FL
· Winner: Susan Salasin, SAMHSA Center for Mental Health Services, Rockville, MD
· Clayton Chau, MD, PhD, Orange County Health Care Agency, Orange County, CA
· Dale K. Klatzker, PhD, MSW, The Providence Center, Providence, RI
· Dale Rinard, TERROS, Phoenix, AZ
LILLY REINTEGRATION AWARDS
Winners of the 2012 Reintegration Awards in each category receives a grant in the amount of $10,000, and
Honorable Mention receives $5,000, to be donated to the organization of the recipient’s choice.
- Winner: Kevin Cleare, CASES, Inc., New York, NY
- Honorable Mention: Jessica Lynn R. Gimeno, The Balanced Mind Foundation. Evanston, IL
- Winner: Fresh AIR (Artists In Recovery) Gallery, Columbus, OH
- Honorable Mention: Henrico Area Mental Health & Developmental Services, Glen Allen, VA
- Winner: Sharon Denise Wise, Washington, DC
- Honorable Mention: Jan Kobe, Wyandot Inc., Kansas City, KS
- Winner: Trilogy's Integrated Healthcare Program, Chicago, IL
- Honorable Mention: Asa G Yancey Health Center, Grady Health System, Atlanta, GA
- Winner: Cafe 54, Community Partnership of Southern Arizona, Tuscon, AZ
- Honorable Mention: Recovery Resources' Employment Services, Cleveland, OH
- Winner: Boley Centers, Inc., St. Petersburg, FL
- Honorable Mention: Project for Psychiatric Outreach to the Homeless, Center for Urban Community Services, New York, NY
- Winner: Tammy Navarro, SARDAA, Houston, TX
- Honorable Mention: Bill MacPhee, Magpie Media, Ontario, Canada
· Winner: Compeer of Greater Buffalo Older Adult Services, Buffalo, NY
· Honorable Mention: Building Recovery of Individual Dreams and Goals (BRIDGES), Chicago, IL
Later this year, both Behavioral Healthcare and Addiction Professional will honor other outstanding outstanding leaders and clinicians in their 2012 Behavioral Healthcare Champion and Addiction Professional Outstanding Clinician awards. Nominations for the Champion Awards are now open (through May 20), while nominations for the Outstanding Clinician awards will open in late April and run through May 25. on May 15. Champion honorees will be announced in the July/August issue of Behavioral Healthcare, while Clinician honorees will be announced in the August/September issue of Addiction Professional. These honorees will be recognized at the 2012 National Conference on Addiction Disorders (NCAD) and Behavioral Health Leadership Summit, which will be held from Sept. 28-October 2 in Orlando, Florida.