NEW YORK, NY – Behavioral Healthcare has announced the names of the 2014 Behavioral Healthcare Champions. These five individuals have been honored for their unique brand of dedication, courage, inspiration, and excellence as leaders of behavioral health organizations. The 2014 Behavioral Healthcare Champions are:
· Nancy Cottingham, LCSW, CEO, Horizon Behavioral Health, Lynchburg, Va.
· Johnny Patout, LCSW, LSAC, CEO, New Beginnings Adolescent Recovery Center, Opelousas, La.
· Debra Rex, MA, MEd, President and CEO, Beech Brook, Cleveland, Ohio
· Joty Sikand, PsyD, President, The Hume Center, Concord, Calif.
· Robert Simpson Jr., MPH, DSW, President and CEO, Brattleboro Retreat, Brattleboro, Vt.
The 2014 Champions were selected from dozens of outstanding nominees who are making a difference in the development, delivery, and effectiveness of mental healthcare services. Behavioral Healthcare is also recognizing three Very Honorable Mention selections:
· Theresa Fawvor, LCSW, Senior Director, Behavioral Health Services, Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston
· Raymond V. Tamasi, President/CEO, Gosnold on Cape Cod, Falmouth, Mass.
· Pam Womack, CEO, Mental Health Cooperative, Nashville, Tenn.
“True leaders create lasting impact, and our 2014 Behavioral Healthcare Champions all have an eye on the future,” says Editor-in-Chief Julie Miller. “Their drive to find new and more effective ways to serve their clients is reflected not just in their own organizations’ success but also in the progress they’ve witnessed in their communities. By working tirelessly, each one has implemented an effective business strategy built on courage, dedication and years of experience. The entire Behavioral Healthcare team is honored to name them as our 2014 Champions.”
The 2014 Behavioral Healthcare Champions will be profiled in the July/August 2014 issue of Behavioral Healthcare and recognized at a special ceremony during the National Conference on Addiction Disorders (NCAD) and the co-located Behavioral Healthcare Leadership Summit, which will be held at the St. Louis Union Station Hotel in St. Louis, Mo., Aug. 22-26.